Support for radeon 9200se (chip 2964) in woody

I'd like to use my ATI Radeon 9200se in my woody system.
I'm using the "Daniel Stone's XFree86 4.3.0 compiled for woody"
that used to be at:
 http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/xfree86/i386/
but these packages doesn't support the chip id 2964.
According to:
the package in experimental has been patched and "is working
nicely" with this chipset.
Is there a backport to woody of this patched server ?
I've made a quick attempt to recompile xfree86_4.3.0-0pre1v5
in my woody system, but it rapidly became evident that the
process is not so easy as:
dpkg-source -x xfree86_4.3.0-0pre1v5.dsc
cd xfree86-4.3.0
debian/rules binary
Anyway, would it be easier to patch the 4.3.0-0ds2.0.0woody2
version of the server to support this chipset ?

Thanks in advance,

--
                                                   O__
Enzo.                                              ,>/