Re: Patches status update

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 04:53:17PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> 000_stolen_from_HEAD_xaa
> ------------------------
> Although not mentioned in the patch forward-port list, this is merged
> forward.  (Parts are in upstream 4.3 branch, while parts are in the new
> patch with the same name.  On part in particular was added to 4.3 branch
> on August 16 2003 and wasn't in 4.3.0, if that matters.)

The files currently in trunk that aren't mentioned in the patch-forward
list were added after that list was created.  There *shouldn't* be any
regressions or loss of code in those.  In fact I think I'm the only
person who has been applying patch updates the trunk, and I have tried
to be conscientous about keeping branches-4.3.0-sid in sync.

On reflection, though, it probably would have made my work more
verifiable if I had added those patch files to the TODO list and set
their status myself.

In lieu of that,

svn log svn://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xfree86/trunk/debian/patches

...should help with this.

> 000_stolen_from_HEAD_xaw
> ------------------------
> Entirely present in upstream 4.3.0.
>
> 000_stolen_from_HEAD_xdm
> ------------------------
> Entirely present in upstream 4.3.0.

Thank you!

> On another note:
[...]
> These should probably be broken out into their own patches, a la
> i830_driver, nv_driver, and sis_driver.

For small patches I don't think it's a big deal to have them in the
generic "stolen from HEAD" patch.

Thank you very much for your improved annotations.

I've committed all this to SVN.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Religion is regarded by the common
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    people as true, by the wise as