Re: Whiteglass cursor HOWTO ?

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:43:17PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 14:01, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Could someone take a look at the attached file and tell me what's wrong
> > with it?
>
> Notice that
>
> #ifndef LIBXCURSOR
> #define LIBXCURSOR "libXcursor.so.1"
> #endif
>
> only has an effect if LIBXCURSOR isn't already defined, but in
> lib/X11/Imakefile there's
>
> #if BuildLoadableXlibXcursor
> XCURSOR_DEFINES = -DUSE_DYNAMIC_XCURSOR
> -DLIBXCURSOR=\"libXcursor.so.$(SOXCURSORREV)\"
> #endif
>
> and I don't see SOXCURSORREV being assigned anywhere,

It's defined in xc/lib/Xcursor/Imakefile:

Imakefile:SOXCURSORREV=1.0
Imakefile:#define SoRev SOXCURSORREV
Imakefile:        PACKAGE_VERSION="$(SOXCURSORREV).$(XCURSOR_REVISION)"

However, since we use an external Xcursor library, I'll bet you that
definition never gets seen.

> so LIBXCURSOR probably ends up defined to "libXcursor.so.", which is
> consistent with the strace output (but you can verify it in a build
> log):

Yeah.  Looks like I managed to not fix this bug.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     If God had intended for man to go
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     about naked, we would have been