Re: that damn debian xlibs/openbox bug!

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 04:06:44AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 12:05:29PM +0100, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Starting with version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-5 of debian xlibs, openbox overlay
> > panels are broken: switching desktops of alt-tab'ing keeps the transient
> > panel focused and in the forground until ENTER is pressed.
>
> Sounds like the same problem that afflicts sawfish.  It may be that openbox
> is buggy.

Openbox 3 did break at dfsg-5... it was the Debian keymapping buglet.

> > Is someone aware of the situation? Is there a workaround for that bug?
> > Should I re-open it in the BTS?
>
> See if you don't feel a bug report against openbox is warranted after
> reviewing the above.

It's not present in -10.  Whichever Debian package did the reorganization
of keymaps and related behavior fixed it.  I would suggest that the user
has a local problem.

From my XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"LiteON SK-6000 Keyboard"
	Driver		"keyboard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"          "xfree86"
	Option		"XkbModel"          "pc104"
	Option		"XkbLayout"         "us"
	Option		"XkbOptions"        "altwin:meta_win"
EndSection

From my ~/.Xmodmap:

! remove the function of Caps Lock
! and turn it into Multi

remove lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = Multi_key

! vim: ft=xmodmap nu tw=0 ts=8

I include the above just to show that my configuration is relatively
normal.

Oh:

rei $ /opt/openbox3/bin/openbox --version
Openbox 3.2
Copyright (c) 2004 Mikael Magnusson
Copyright (c) 2003 Ben Jansens

Patches:     openbox-3.1-xinerama_no_split+edge-final
             openbox-3.x-toggle_fullscreen_action
             openbox-3.x-desktop-menu-icons
             openbox-3.2-resize-timer
             openbox-3.2-xgrabpointer
             openbox-3.2-per-app-settings
             openbox-3.2-no_snap_beneath
             openbox-3.2-window-title-numbering

This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

None of those patches are related to keyboard handling.

--
 Marc Wilson |     BOFH excuse #359: YOU HAVE AN I/O ERROR ->
 msw@cox.net |     Incompetent Operator error