Re: Debian's evdev patches and evdev's /tmp/.X11-unix/evdev0

[Are you subscribed to this list?  If so, I apologize for the private CC.]

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:26:50PM -0500, Robert Hardy wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Robert Hardy wrote:
> >I'm evaluating Debian's evdev patches to xorg-x11 (or perhaps Gentoo's
> >adapation of Mr. Hull's original patches it isn't clear.)
> >
> >I'm trying to figure out if they can be made to work in other distributions
> >and if they can be generalized to the point where they have a better chance
> >of gaining wide spread acceptance. At very least I would like to add more
> >info to a howto wrt/ how to get them working with a USB switch.
>
> Never mind, I figured it out from the source. I'm sure you don't care but I
> now have a working evdev patched xorg-x11 Fedora Core 2/3 rpm.

I'm sorry it has taken a while to get back to you.

Actually, we do care -- or more precisely, will, once the packaging of XOrg
for Debian is underway.  We're simply focussed on stabilizing our
heavily-patched version of XFree86 4.3.0 for the sarge release right now.

Thank you for your work!

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Religion consists in a set of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    things which the average man thinks