Re: Fresh installation: Keymap broken under X

> If I feel myself getting bogged down, I might do this:
>
> * If the answer to d-i/keymap is whatever the value for a typical US PC
>   keyboard is, leave the question priority at medium.
> * Otherwise, kick the priority up to high.
>
> It makes the install more interactive, which people don't like, but only
> for people'd who likely be even more annoyed by a wrong keymap the first
> time they start X.

Your proposal sounds interesting to me in first reading..

Indeed, all this depends on localization-config making its way to the
next release of d-i. If it is properly installed and run, then X
keyboard will be properly configured for most language choices.

I would suggest, as a safe option, adding "If the current value for X
keyboard is  != us or if the answer to d-i/keymap is whatever the value
for a typical US PC keyboard is, leave the question priority at
medium, otherwise kick priority to high"

With this, we should avoid kicking the priority to high in case
localization-config did its job.