Re: mouse for x

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 11:28:31PM -0700, Brad Boyer wrote:
> The only type of mouse on a 68k mac is ADB, and the entire ADB layer
> got converted over to use the generic input system for 2.4. The old
> adbmouse driver doesn't even exist in the tree in 2.6, but it was
> still possible to compile it in during 2.4, i think.
>
> Because of this, if a 68k mac is running anything 2.4 or 2.6, the
> mice should show up in /dev/input/mice.

Okay.

> If it is running a 2.2 kernel, they should show up in /dev/adbmouse
> (busmouse protocol).

Okay.

> The ppc macs made the same transition a few years ago. It's actually
> an integrated code base for ADB support now.

That's good.  I think.  (Isn't it ADB regressions on mac-m68k that render
2.4 unusable on that sub-arch?)  :)

Revision 1884 in the X Strike Force XFree86 Subversion repository contains
code changes reflecting what you've told me.

Thanks for your advice!

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you wish to strive for peace of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    soul, then believe; if you wish to