Is the Freetype bytecode interpreter on or off?

Hi,

I've been doing searches on the web and this mailing list and I cannot find
any answers regarding this.

I don't anti-alias my fonts, which is why in my case having the bytecode
interpreter on would be a good idea.

Thanks for any answer in regards to how Debian does it.

BTW, I know the option is in a header file that is toggled at compile time,
wishful thinking wise, it would be nice if it was possible to change that
to an /etc file so the user could flip it on and off as needed.

Peter.