Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: r1632 - in people/fabbione/trunk/debian: . patches

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:05:41AM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> Stop shipping duplicate doc/specs in xterm.doc.

Fabio,

Please revert that part of the commit before merging it onto the trunk (or
convince me you're right :) ).

If not sure shipping (non-overlapping) duplicates is harmful in this case,
but if you disagree, xterm is a more appropriate package for ctlseqs.ms and
the files generated from it than xspecs is.

This is because I think people are going to look for the document
describing the control sequences supported by XTerm in /usr/share/doc/xterm
before they look in /usr/share/doc/xspecs.

Also, upstream ctlseqs.ms is in xc/programs/xterm, so if/when we split
xterm off from the monolithic X SI package, XTerm (Thomas Dickey) is going
to be our upstream for that document.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Somebody once asked me if I thought
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    sex was dirty.  I said, "It is if