Re: hurd-i386 updates

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 12:26:12AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>    125  static void
>    126  xf86PrintOSKernelString(void)
>    127  {

>    140       if ((infile = fopen("/proc/version", "r")) != NULL)

Doesn't look much different from `uname -srv`. We could use this hack for
Linux and a simple uname() call otherwise.

But I don't see why this requires a macro in the conffile. Can't we just use
#ifdef __linux__ in the code?

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)