Re: how to switch the security extension off?

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 12:10:57PM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> How can I switch off the Security Extension? I don't want to
> see any message in the XServer log file saying
>
> 	(II) Initializing built-in extension SECURITY
>
> Removing /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy doesn't seem to
> be sufficient.

This is just a guess, but you might be able to do it by modifying the
XF86Config-4 file.

Change:

  Section "Module"
[...]
          Load    "extmod"
[...]
  EndSection

to:

  Section "Module"
[...]
          SubSection "extmod"
              Option "omit SECURITY"
          EndSubSection
[...]
  EndSection

or maybe:

  Section "Module"
[...]
          SubSection "extmod"
              Option "omit XC-SECURITY"
          EndSubSection
[...]
  EndSection

I haven't tried this myself.  Please let us know if this works.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |         De minimis non curat lex.