Re: IceWM windows key problem

Eduard Bloch wrote:
> I would like to get a competent comment to
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=229426 .

> the Windows key does not work in IceWM since some X versions, maybe 4.3.
> Xev shows the events but IceWM does not get them somehow. Setting
> Option      "XkbOptions" "altwin:left_meta_win"
> makes at least the left Windows key work but it breaks other
> application(s), at least the meta key in rxvt-unicode. Any clue on what
> is happening there? Upstream (RedHat user) thinks it is an X11 problem
> on our side.

I noticed the problem as well, but have been too busy to report it properly:
The left Windows key (I'm using a German laptop keyboard as well) broke
when upgrading from 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4 to -5, no icewm upgrades have been
involved. This is most definitely related to the updated XKB data pulled
from XFree86 CVS.

Cheers,
        Moritz