Re: Pre-seeding XFree settings for keyboard in Debian Installer

On Τρι 29 Ιουν 2004 17:34, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> ok, how about spliting the conffiles to two dirs, for woody/sarge,
> or with a suffix in the filename (eg. kde2.woody, kde3.sarge).

Ok, here is what i have now:
conffiles.d/:
sarge  woody

conffiles.d/sarge:
ispell.preinst  xfree86-kbd.preinst

conffiles.d/woody:
ispell.postinst  ktouch.postinst  locale.preinst    opera6.postinst
xfree86-kbd.preinst kde2.postinst    links.postinst
ltsp-xfree86-kbd.?  timezone.postinst

I have also updated the update-locale-config script to take one more
parameter {preinst/postinst} so that it can be called in two separate
times, one at the start (runnint the preinst scripts) and one at the
end running the postinst scripts.
It will read the /etc/debian_version and accordingly run the
appropriate scripts from the correct directory.

> > Yes, some major rewrites have been done to the ispell config.
> > Perhaps ispell should be replaced by aspell, which I'm told is a
> > better spell checker?

In the meantime, since the current ispell configuration is
debconf-based, I will make one extra script for sarge ispell.preinst.

Also, now that I think about it, there is a new infrastructure for
dictionaries, dictionaries-common that configures the appropriate
ispell dictionary from a list. So perhaps I should just pre-seed
dictionaries-common instead?

Konstantinos