Bug#253480: xdm: XDM fails if the user is over disk quota, but empty files can be created
Branden Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Please compile and deploy this version of xdm on a system where you can
> reproduce this bug, and let me know if it resolves the problem.
Branden, thank you very much for responding to our bug report in a
quick and professional manner!
I have tested your bug fix version of XDM. After installing the
newly-compiled XDM I cannot log in at all; perhaps a new bug was
introduced into the code?
Here are the steps I carried out:
1. Installed Debian/sarge on a test machine.
2. Verified that the bug was reproducible with the stock XDM that came
with the system (version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4).
3. Compiled and installed the patched version of XDM according to your
4. Restarted xdm by running /etc/init.d/xdm/restart.
5. Now cannot log in at all now, not even for the users who are not over
6. If I switch back to the unpatched binary of xdm, log-ins start
working again (for not-over-quota accounts).
 [For the record, in addition to the steps that you provided I had to
do two additional things: (1) change all references in the Makefile to
.../gcc-lib/i486-linux/..., and (2) install the libxaw7-dev library.]
Arcady Genkin : CDF Systems Administrator