Re: UTF-8 locale crashes X with some applications

Hello,

in /etc/X11/gdm/locale.conf there is

German(Germany) de_DE.UTF-8@euro

also in /etc/locale.gen is

de_DE.UTF-8@euro UTF-8

so de_DE.UTF-8@euro is a valid construction I guess...

Just to be sure I also tested with de_DE.UTF-8 locale with the same results.

Starting some applications crashes the Xserver so that I'm back at the gdm
prompt. One of the applications crashing the Xserver is xmms.
I already filed a bug against the xmms package (bug 247450) but there was no
reaction.

Because this happens with quite some packages I'm not sure if I should file a
bug against each one or if this is a more general problem.

I'm running Debian testing (updated yesterday) with Gnome 2.4.

Regards
Klaus