Re: Getting ready for xfree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-2 (ATI and SIS users WAKE UP!)

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 08:26:14AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi guys,
> 	let's take a look of where we are now compared to the original
> plan.

[snip completed items]

> the only two items left are:
>
> > * Fix upstream install rule that prevents Xcursor themes from being
> >   installed on s390.  As I understand it, this is client-side stuff and
> >   there's not really any reason it shouldn't be made available on the s390
> >   architecture.
> >
> > * Fix other gratuitous differences between s390 debehlper files and the
> >   generic ones by fixing upstream Imakeage to not turn extra stuff off when
> >   the XFree86 X server is not being built (like xmodmap.std).  It ships
> >   libXxf86vm.a but not the corresponding manpages.
>
> As we discussed already in the previous thread, these two entries are time
> consuminig. I think it is reasonable to postpone them to -3 and release -2
> within this week. I would say thursday if we can get some feedback from
> ATI and SIS users, otherwise thursday and we will kill them all if they
> will start complaining after the upgrade [0].

Sounds good to me!  Nothing gets my blood pumping like someone else's
blood gushing.

> Branden you have done an incredible amount of job for -2 and my thanks go
> to everybody that supported us.

Thanks!

> [0] of course i am just kidding but we can't wait forever between each
>     release. Guys please help us testing!

Ditto.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I reverse the phrase of Voltaire,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    and say that if God really existed,