Making debian package of X11R6.7 (or XFree86 4.4.0)?

Hi,

I've downloaded and compiled X11R6.7 (and also XFree86 4.4.0).
Then I installed Xorg (make install install.man). But, that
of course results in problems with the Debian packages depending
on X (xbase-common, xbase-clients, etc).

Either I make a proper Debian package of X or setup a dummy
package that pretends to provide everything needed.

What would your suggestion be?

In any way, it would be helpful to get a pointer to instructions
on how to make X a Debian package. There shurely must be a package
description for XFree86 4.3, could you help me find it?

I've never made Debian packages before, so I'm a newbie, unfortunately.

I'm running Debian sarge, kernel 2.6.5 on a Dell Inspiron 9100
with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 and am trying to get as much
support for the M12 chip as possible.

thanks in advance,

Patric

Patric Ljung (plg@itn.liu.se)                             Tel: 011-363327
ITN, Campus Norrköping (www.itn.liu.se)                       0709-441100
Linköpings universitet, 601 74 Norrköping                 Fax: 011-363270

"I don't expect you to Buy any specific program to read my mail
 or any attachments (unless mutually agreed otherwise). So don't
 expect me to read any documents or media in proprietary formats
 that might require commercial programs (unless agreed otherwise)."

Digital Freedom of Indepence