d-i beta & x configuration

I've just done a testrun of d-i installer beta4 which worked just fine.

There were three issues with the x windows setup though:

Apparently, if one only has one video card, the PCI ID field must be
empty for things to work. I did not find this obvious from the dialog
and it was prefilled with the ID from my videocard. It took me some
experimenting to realise it had to be empty for things to work.

Secondly, the setup offered to auto-detect my monitor which apparently
worked as I got the correct monitor description prefilled when doing a
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 later on. However, the initial setup
configures a suboptimal resolution. Shouldn't the auto-detection see
that the monitor is an LCD and therefore operate it @ 60Hz with the
monitor's native resolution?

Last thing I'd like to bring up is the fact that I had to to specify the
brand of my videocard. Can this not be autodetected? (lspci knows that
vendor ID 1002 is 'ATI Technologies Inc', maybe that could be used? But
maybe it's not as simple...)

Other than that I completely acknowledge that it must be incredibly hard
to support a complex system like x windows on so many platforms. So
maybe it is just not possible. But from a user experience it would
probably be quite helpful.

Best regards
Andree

PS: I'm not on the list, so please cc me on replies. Thanks a lot.
--
Andree Leidenfrost
Sydney - Australia