Re: libXft

Branden Robinson <branden <at> debian.org> writes:

>> enkill:# evolution
>> evolution: relocation error: /usr/lib/libXft.so.2: undefined symbol:
>> XRenderQuerySubpixelOrder
>>
>> same thing for gnome, kde, kde tools, etc..
>>
>> It works perfectly with xterm and mozilla.

> I think this happens when people have an unofficial libxrender1 package
> installed.

> Does anyone else recall this problem?

Same here with kdm and kwin.
Yesterday installed Debian. First installed with stable Boot-CDs then
upgraded with apt to testing in this Chronology:

- Base System install from stable BootCD
- Reboot
- When the installer asks for running tasksel, i switched to another
  console and replaced stable with testing, running apt-get update
- running tasksel, selectet X-Windows System an C/C++ Devel
- apt-get dist upgrade
- installed many other things, but only from offical debian mirror
  (tu-bs.de)

But there are many other strange things with X installation.
Some packages were not unpacked properly, so xlibs and
xfree86-common. All directorys below /etc/X11/xkb were empty and
/etc/X11/rgb.txt is missing. I unpacked this packages in / and all is
at his place. I dont have seen any error message while apting these
packages, but i was away to cook some coffee and it maybe they light
up this time.

Versions:

ii  xlibs          4.2.1-12.1
ii  xlibs-dev      4.2.1-12.1
ii  xlibs-pic      4.2.1-12.1

ii  xfree86-common 4.2.1-12.1

ii  libxrender-dev 0.8.3-5
ii  libxrender1    0.8.3-5

Sorry for my bad english :-) and, with kind regards
Steve