Re: Still can't get dri to work with Radeon 9200

Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> writes:

>> And you made sure that both AGP modules were loaded _before_ the radeon
>> DRM was loaded?
>
> Yes - I previously wrote (it was the bit you chopped of the front of my reply)
>
>> > /etc/modules has the following (amongst a couple of other things) in it
>
>> >agpgart
>> >sis-agp
>
> This means that they are loaded shortly after boot, and well before kdm starts
> up the xserver
>
> Unless I misunderstand something?

I have a working DRI on a 9200 card with an nforce2 chipset.

To get it to work I needed to load also the radeon _kernel_ module
*after* the agpgart module.

Note also that 9200 is not correctly detected with Xfree4.3.0 and I
had to force the ChipId.

HTH

--
dominique.dumont@hp.com