Re: server fails to recognize hardware

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 03:54:21AM -0800, Matt Taggart wrote:

> Sven Luther writes...

> > und
> > >
> > > This shows that it recognizes your chip fine; PCI:1:0:1 is the second
> > > function of the graphics chip PCI device, which the driver doesn't need
> > > and can be ignored. If there's a real problem, please provide more
> > > information.
> >
> > BTW, i also have encountered reports of this message, and i don't know
> > where this second function does come from. The cards appear to be normal
> > Radeon 9200, without any exotic stuff. Matt, maybe you could tell us
> > more about this, maybe giving an lspci output too or something.
>
> Gigabyte model#GV-R92128VH
> Radeon 9200 128mb, 1 DVI, 1 VGA d-sub, and one "VIVO" connector, which
> provides video in/out both RCA and s-video via a dongle(so vivo<->2 RCA,2
> s-video). Came with a DVI->dsub adapter that I could try if needed too.

Ah, the VIVO stuff may be this additional function, i don't think it is
used though.

Yeah, as said in another mail, you problem will probably be solved using
the DVI->dsub converter. The problem seems to be linked to initializing
the card without the primary connector being used.

Friendly,

Sven Luther