Re: pre1v5: hard freeze after switching resolution with radeon 8500DV

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:32:07PM +0100, dwitch wrote:
> Sounds like, yes.  And guess what, I do have a VIA chipset (VT82C693A host
> bridge).

I also did not mention the machine is an SMP one.

> I was thinking about trying the GATOS versions of the X and DRM drivers.
> Curiously this was not mentionned by anyone in the thread.

I just tested a 4.3.0-0pre1v5, patched with the patches to r200 and radeon
mesa stuff from http://gatos.sourceforge.net/ati.2.php, with the ATI.2 from
CVS HEAD, and the radeon.o module from gatos CVS.

The result is quite similar.  DRI works, but switching resolution still
locks the machine.

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
Debian-related: <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: