Re: radeon 9200, Linux 2.6 and Xfree 4.3.0 dri not working

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 09:18:01PM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
> When it loads up it appears to be going well - with  the log reporting the
> following
>
> (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
> (--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
> (WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found
> (--) Chipset ATI Radeon 9200 5961 (AGP) found

Yep, doesn't look too bad ...

> but a bit later it seems to be starting to go downhill
>
> (**) RADEON(0): Using AGP 4x mode
> (II) RADEON(0): AGP Fast Write disabled by default
> (II) RADEON(0): Depth moves disabled by default

That's fine; AGP Fast Write is a monumentally bad idea.

> and a bit later looking positive, but ultimately failing without any clear
> explanation why
>
> (WW) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available

Wham. Look in /var/log/kern.log as to why this is failing.

> I am struggling to get any meaningful information about whats not working here
> and why.  Can someone help please?

Try kern.log?

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>