Re: Patches: 2??, 4??

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 04:35:16PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> 200_alpha_GLX_align_fix
> -----------------------
> NOT upstream.  Apparently not in 4.3.0 patches.
> Presumably still relevant (unless default alignment has changed or
> something).
>
> So, needs to be merged.  Should apply unchanged.
>
> 201_alpha_truetype_gcc_bugfix
> -----------------------------
> "Work around apparent bug in GCC 2.95", says the patch.
> Hmm.  Sounds irrelevant to me, but what do I know?
> Not upstream, not in 4.3.0 patches.

Hmm, this should probably be wrapped in a compiler version check.

> 202_saverproto_datatypes
> ------------------------
> Upstream, except for the comments.  (What does upstream have against
> comments?!?)

No idea.

> 203_Xpm_wordsize
> ----------------
> Unchanged, renamed to 200_alpha_xpm_get_long64 --
> EXCEPT that some of the comments were removed.  The comments probably ought
> to be forward-ported.

Yeah, for some reason Daniel removed a lot of the patch annotations.

> 450_ia64_ati_avoid_cpio
> -----------------------
> Unchanged, present under same name
>
> 451_ia64_radeon_pagesize
> ------------------------
> Merged forward, present under same name
>
> 452_ia64_smart_pci_rom_probe
> Unchanged, present under same name
>
> 453_ia64_static_inline_not_extern_inline
> Upstream in 4.3.0.
>
> Well, that was easy.  Want me to look at some of the 04?s or 1??s?

Well, by the time I saw this message, you already had.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    America is at that awkward stage.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    It's too late to work within the