away from my mail

I will be on Leave during the Spring semester in 2004.  Though I will be
on campus to chair both the President's Council on Affirmative Action and
the Committee on Minority Student Retention and Success, which meet on a
monthly basis, I will be spending the majority of my time engaged in
research and writing and I will not be checking e-mail on a regular
basis.  If it is an urgent matter, leave a message at the English
Department. I will resume my teaching duties upon my return from leave
July 1, 2004.

Best Wishes,

Herman Beavers