Re: Whiteglass cursor HOWTO ?

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 02:30:52PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:43:17PM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 14:01, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > Could someone take a look at the attached file and tell me what's wrong
> > > with it?
> >
> > Notice that
> >
> > #ifndef LIBXCURSOR
> > #define LIBXCURSOR "libXcursor.so.1"
> > #endif
> >
> > only has an effect if LIBXCURSOR isn't already defined, but in
> > lib/X11/Imakefile there's
> >
> > #if BuildLoadableXlibXcursor
> > XCURSOR_DEFINES = -DUSE_DYNAMIC_XCURSOR
> > -DLIBXCURSOR=\"libXcursor.so.$(SOXCURSORREV)\"
> > #endif
> >
> > and I don't see SOXCURSORREV being assigned anywhere,
>
> It's defined in xc/lib/Xcursor/Imakefile:
>
> Imakefile:SOXCURSORREV=1.0
> Imakefile:#define SoRev SOXCURSORREV
> Imakefile:        PACKAGE_VERSION="$(SOXCURSORREV).$(XCURSOR_REVISION)"
>
> However, since we use an external Xcursor library, I'll bet you that
> definition never gets seen.
>
> > so LIBXCURSOR probably ends up defined to "libXcursor.so.", which is
> > consistent with the strace output (but you can verify it in a build
> > log):
>
> Yeah.  Looks like I managed to not fix this bug.

The trailing dot resolved this for Chris Cheney, who still saw the issue
with pre1v5; ln -s libXcursor.so.{1,} fixed it for him. Can we get this
resolved soon?

Daniel, getting used to the plebs' repository access method

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>