Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: rev 930 - branches/4.3.0/sid/debian

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:51:26PM +0000, James Troup wrote:

> FWIW, Build-Depends on a >> version are much more buildd (admin)
> friendly than a Build-Conflicts.  The B-C isn't wrong, of course, and
> the unfriendliness of a B-C for buildd (admins) is arguably an sbuild
> bug, so you may not care enough to change it (or have other reasons to
> not want to, etc.) *shrug*

Oh, gah.  Well, the main reason I went with this is because I'd still
like people to be able to build XFree86 with older GCCs.

Can you explain a little bit more about how Build-Conflicts are painful
for buildd admins?  I feel between a rock and a hard place here, since I
do depend on and appreciate the work of the buildd admins to get this
monstrous package built.  At the same time forcing a versioned
dependency on GCC 3.3 renders the packages inaccessible to some people.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    To Republicans, limited government
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    means not assisting people they