Re: Thoughts on patches in branches/4.3.0/sid

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:49:09AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> These are things I noticed about the *branch* patches (as opposed to the
> trunk patches).
>
> 009_use_xf86config-4_in_xf86config.diff
> ----------------------------------
> This obviously isn't going to go upstream, so shouldn't it be a
> 900-series patch?  Actually, shouldn't it be part of
> 911_debian_XF86Config_to_XF86Config-4.diff

I don't know that it OBVIOUSLY isn't going to go upstream, but yes, it
would be harmless enough to move it there.

> 006_dont_ref_rman.man.diff
> --------------------------
> A different variation on this is present upstream in HEAD.  Perhaps a
> stolen_from_HEAD patch is more appropriate?

Yes.  We should do what upstream does unless we have a very good reason
not to.

> 013_xkb_symbols_euro_support.diff
> Appears to have been fixed differently upstream in HEAD.  Perhaps
> stolen_from_HEAD patches are more appropriate?

Yes, as above.

I've added all of the above to the TODO (for post-4.3.0-1).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           If existence exists,