Re: XAA bug in 4.x

Branden Robinson wrote:
On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 09:44:28AM +0200, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:

I think I can't do that; the policy for previous branches is to commit bug fixes only. And the changes in the SiS driver are way beyond that...

What's the problem grabbing it from head as you or Daniel have done before?

I personally need a compelling reason to grab stuff from HEAD.  Myself,
I generally only backport bugfixes (some XFree86 committers don't bother
to do this for a stable release branch).

Nothing needs to be backported. The HEAD version is unified for all versions since 4.1.

It appears, though, that DanielS is not as conservative.  I guess we'll
see how that works out in this case; in general it's a pretty bad
strategy, as we've seen occasionally.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer