XFree86 taking 99% of my CPU

Hi,
  I'm running sid with xfree86 4.2.1-11 and I look at a blank screen for the machine.
The machine is running, so I ssh into it do some checking to find out XFree86 is using 99%
of my CPU with a priority of -10.
I guess my first question is has this happened to anyone else?  I scanned through the mail
archive and didn't notice a mention of it.
Any ideas how I can find out how it happened.

CC me, I'm not on the list
Dan
--
GnuPG key at www.cotse.net/users/ddevries/mykey

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
- Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)