Re: i810/i815 graphics glitches at 1280x1024, gart problem?

Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> writes:
> > BTW, in case all my efforts fail, anyone got a recommendation for a
> > good but cheap `low-profile'* AGP video card that works well with
> > xfree86?  :-) :-(
>
> I'd try xserver-xfree86 4.3.0-0pre1v1 from experimental first.

I tried xserver-xfree86 4.3.0-pre1v1 with no joy.

However, I _did_ manage to get rid of the glitching by reducing the
pixel depth to 16-bits.  If I look at the X log output, I see the same
errors, but the display looks fine.

I guess maybe this motherboard just sucks and simply doesn't have the
bandwidth to do 1280x1024 @24bpp,

Of course all my nice anti-aliased text now looks crappy (~5bits per
component is apparently not enough to do anti-aliasing well), but at
least I've got something I use until I buy a non-crappy videocard
(which should cost me about $30 I figure).

Thanks,

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge