patch numbers

Fellow X packagers,

The patch numbers are not being properly followed.

I have been submitting some patches upstream that are already fixed. They
should be in a category not unlike patches from upstream so that we know
that they can be deleted in the next version. I propose that 000 type
patches should also include this class of patches such that 000 patches can
just be deleted upon moving to a new upstream version. A patch of this type
is 102, the sparc pci fix. I know that we may not know immediately when
something like this is fixed, but when we know, it should be moved.

Also, I have come across patches that are not labeled 900+ that are debian
specific. I think that we need to promote these types of patches to the
900+ series patches. A couple patches of this type are 003 and 800, debian
specific config patches. Please consider debian specificity when numbering
patches.

Thanks, Warren Turkal
--
Treasurer, GOLUM, Inc.