X 4.3.0 regression with missing mouse

[ Please CC me on all replies ]

I have configured Debian X 4.2.1 packages on a group of machines here
such that two mice are configured - one on /dev/psaux, and one on
/dev/input/mice, both configured as ImPS/2 and with core events. This
worked fine when either port did not have a mouse connected to it.
After upgrading to the experimental 4.3.0 packages, having a missing
mouse causes X not to display the screen for about 30 seconds when
either starting or switching from a console to X. (30 seconds is much
longer than it normally takes to display). Removing the clause in
XF86Config-4 for the disconnected mouse port causes the delay to go
away.
This is not a big deal, it just means that we have to specify which type
of mouse is connected to a machine, and we can't allow for extra mice to
be connected to either the PS/2 or USB port, case depending.