Re: xfree86 4.3.0-pre1v1 sources ?

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:28:15PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 12:48:45PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Yep, the problem is that branden added the define CppCmd
> > cpp-3.2 in the 003a patch, which gets applied just before the 003 one,
> > and apparently didn't rebuild the 003 patch. I will attach here the
> > fixed version.
>
> Oh, I see. Well, if that's in #003, that's changed recently, and someone needs
> to be thwapped; my 20030804 snapshot doesn't have that as an original line in
> #003.

I was using the 20030807 nightly snapshot.

> > No, it is not, it doesn't apply, it doesn't know about the CppCmd line,
> > which got added by 003a.
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood you here; you're right, if #003 does really have cpp-3.2
> as an original line.

Will you or Branden or someone fix it, or should i take additional steps
than informing about it here ?

> > BTW, you have already added my SDK patch, right ? I will try to build it
> > now, and create a separate package with it inside as a tarball, unless
> > you want to do it yourself as you told me some month back.
>
> I've moved house on very short notice, and don't have a functional net
> connection, really; I don't have the time to work on it with exams and
> assessments, either. I'm planning to do it in a couple of weeks, but in the
> meantime it's up to Branden or someone else to merge it. I suggest sending a
> full patch to the list and trying to get someone to merge it.

Ok, i just hope that i will be able to create a new package without too
much problems. After that, it is trivial to move the needed file, i
think, it is just one subdirectory after all, and we don't really need
the whole of it.

> > Then i will be building drivers snapshot packages out of the X CVS, but
> > using a totally separate source tarball, as it should be.
>
> Cool, nice one.

:)))

> > BTW, is it to early to upload my gnome-randr-applet package, which
> > depends on 4.3.0 ? I have it ready for month, but couldn't upload it
> > previously. If i upload it to experimental, it should enter experimental
> > together with xfree86, but then, maybe i should wait to have an official
> > 4.3.0 package in unstable ?
>
> I don't see why you shouldn't upload it to experimental now.

I just need a 4.3.0 package to build with. The -0ds4 would not be ok,
since it will not have the right dependencies.

Friendly,

Sven Luther