Re: Can I get some feedback on my experimental pre-release, please?

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
> Well?
>
> It's been a few days, and I have received no reports of success or
> failure in email.

I am at work right now, so I can not get detailed logs and stuff, but when I
upgraded my laptop Xv stopped working and DRI still does not work. I have an
Intel i815e, Xv seems to alternate between working and being broken on each
release, when it is not working I get lots of blue bits on the screen as well
as bits of the video or whatever is using Xv, normally it is as if the offset
is wrong, but this time I think it was different, more details when I get
back.

DRI has not worked for a while, if I run something like xplanet -animate or
glxgears I get 5 copies of the output displaying at the top of the screen,
squashed in the Y dimension, but running accelerated. I should be able to get
a screenshot.

I am not that worried about either, I don't use DRI, and if Xv is broken I
just run mplayer with -vo sdl, but both would be nice to have.

As I say, I will get more details when I get home, and maybe a screen shot
of the DRI problems.

The machine panics about once every 10 times I quit X, it has always done
this, maybe I should try recompiling my kernel, I am running 2.4.20 atm.

--
People are afraid to merge