Re: Possible bug in handling of .Xresources?

En réponse à Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>:

> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:08:29AM +0100, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> > [Please CC me on reply]
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I do have a .Xresources file in my home directory
> >   (with permissions 0644).
> >   I always launch Xfree through 'startx' and it seems that
> >   my .Xresources is never taken into account, although it
> >   should (according to the /etc/X11/Xsession{,.d/*} files.
> >
> >   I noticed that when I create a .Xdefaults link to
> >   .Xresources, my X resources are properly loaded.
> >
> >   Is it a bug or did I missed something for any documentation?
>
> I can't reproduce this.  My .Xresources file is respected just fine.
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 branden  branden       863 Nov 13  2001
> /home/branden/.Xresources
>
> Attached.  Make sure you're using proper X resource syntax.

  I replaced mine with yours and reran startx.
  Unfortunately, X neither loaded it. In both cases,
  a manual run of xrdb doesn't complain and acts properly.

  Could it be some configuration issue on my side?

  Thanks.

  Cheers,

Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>