Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: rev 827 - trunk/debian

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 04:26:01PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Document that safe_debconf() should not be used with db_get or db_metaget
> > commands; the return is only meaningful if the exit status of the debconf
> > command is zero, which should be checked directly and not via a middle-man
> > like safe_debconf().
>
> And when you add support for backing up, exit status of db_go and db_input
> commands must also be checked, this is why IMO this function is useless.

Well, I haven't added support for backing up yet, so IMO it's not
useless.

I get the feeling you do not understand why I have a shell-lib.sh file
at all.

Please look at the number of maintainer scripts in the xfree86 package
and think for a few minutes.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you wish to strive for peace of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    soul, then believe; if you wish to