radeon mobility 9200 in asus aspire 1365LMi

Hi,

I installed Debian Unstable on an Asus Aspire 1356LMi Notebook the other
day. This laptop has a "Radeon Mobility 9200".
I used the latest 2.6 kernel, since only with this one APIC seems to
work fine.

Anyway, right now I am using the "vesa" driver in X11, since no other
driver (except the proprietory ATI driver, which had problems with 2.6)
worked. I tried XFree 4.2 from unstable 4.3 from experimental (and even
the prebuild drm-trunk). I used the driver "ati" and "radeon" but X
could never find my card.

Now, AFAIK at least the 4.3 experimental version are supposed to support
Radeon Mobility 9200 (isnt it?).
Given that I haven't done something wrong (which might of course be the
case), I think it could be that my radeon has an ID that the X11 radeon
driver doesnt recognize yet. If that is indeed the case, I would be glad
to help out and find the id that the driver needs. Only somebody would
need to tell me where I can find said information (;

many thanks in advance,
Andreas