Re: 4.3.0-0pre1v4 crashing 2.4.22

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 19:08, Hadmut Danisch wrote:

> I have a MSI 845GL-P barebone,
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82845G/GL [Brookdale-G]
> Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 01)
>

> kernel 2.4.22 (with kernel modules arpgart and i830), and using the
> 4.3.0-0pre1v4 debian packages.
>
> Unfortunately, the xserver continuously crashes the kernel every
> few minutes, memory paging data structures get corrupted.
>
> I'd therefore like to ask whether these debian packages are based on
> the latex XFree86 source. 4.3.0.1 is out since March, but the version
> of the debian packages suggests that it is based on earlier sources.

What suggests that? They use the current code from the 4.3 CVS branch
plus some backports from the CVS trunk plus some other patches.

That being said, the 4.3 code is basically rather old; if the problem
only occurs with DRI enabled, you may want to try a snapshot from DRI
CVS, see http://dri.sourceforge.net/snapshots/README.Debian .

If it also happens with DRI disabled though, it's probably an agpgart
problem.

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer