Re: CVS $Id$ changes in diffs - policy?

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:52:38AM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> What's the policy on including $Id$ string changes in diffs - yay or
> nay? Or only if you do a *complete* merge up to that revision? I'm
> currently prepping a patch that should fix the ()*#$ i830 waitring
> deadlock o' doom, and wondering what I should do with the $Id$ string
> change.

My practice is:

Only include upstream Id keyword updates if you're making the file in
question *exactly* like the version so marked in upstream CVS.

This is partly a matter of truth in advertising, but mostly it was
provoked by the incredible levels of frustration that occur when you try
to apply a patch that WOULD apply except for the damn $Id$ line not
looking like what the patch command expects.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Intellectual property is neither
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual nor property.