Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: rev 753 - people/branden/xlibs-and-xbase-clients-split/debian

X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin <branden+svnadmin@deadbeast.net> writes:

> Split xlibs-dbg package into one package per shared library.

What's the rationale behind this?  I understand the rationale for -dev
and lib packages but not -dbg.  AFAICS soname bumps don't affect -dbg
packages and any split to a separate source package can be handled by
a simple replaces.  I'm probably missing something obvious, so
apologies in advance if I am.

--
James