Re: Branden, please apply attached patch (Was Re: Driver SDK.)

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 11:37:51PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 13:14, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > [...] proper driver packages, which should install and divert the
> > xfree86 provided packages, a bit like Michel's DRI trunk package do.
>
> I think breaking out the drivers into their own package
> (xserver-xfree86-drivers or something?) would be cleaner though.

A yes, but this needs positive support from Branden to implement this,
while the divert way will not need further modification.

Also, the newly built driver package may only provide one driver or
something such, so it will not be a true replacement for the X drivers.

Friendly,

Sven Luther