Re: Text in wrong location with Xinerama

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:25:38AM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> I've been using Xinerama for the last couple months (since -10 of the XFree
> packages) and I've not seen this behavior yet.  I was about to jump on the
> window manager as being at fault, but you say it happens with toolkits too
> (Mozilla uses GTK and GTK would be responsible for its menus).

Sorry for my total lack of understanding, but can an application just
write to any location on the screen? Or does that have to go through X
at some low level?

It seems like a low-level problem because the text just gets written to
the screen regardless of what's there -- right over another window or
the root window, and the only way to "erase" it is to drag another
window around cleaning up the text.

> What toolkit does OpenOffice use?  I don't think I've ever thought about
> that.  The -bin package has an explicit dependency on libxaw7, but what
> part of it is using Athena widgets? :)

Icewm doesn't seem to be using libxaw7.

--
Bill Moseley