Re: Comments about #129667 (fails to convert compund text into locale string when copy and paste)

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 12:25:21AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> So the problem is that those users have a locale not supported by X,
> and trying to paste text in such a case does not make sense.
> IMO you can tell submitters to use supported locales and close these bugs.

Can you take care of this for me?

> But #131351 tells us that some people are using a "en_GB.iso8859-15"
> locale.  XFree86 4.3.0 introduced some aliases for en_GB.ISO8859-15,
> but not en_GB.iso8859-15 and I checked that it is indeed not supported.
> You should then certainly add such an alias.

Do you have time to come up with a patch?

If not, mail the bug and retitle it, redefining its scope to this
particular item.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       If you want your name spelled
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       wrong, die.