Re: Xfree86 4.4 release dates

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 02:27:01AM -0400, Peter Constantinidis wrote:
> I went by the XFree webpage this evening and looked at the release plans.
> It states:
>
> >The next full release of XFree86 will be 4.4.0. The schedule for this release is:
> >Feature freeze: 15 October 2003.
> >Code freeze: 28 November 2003.
> >Release date: 15 December 2003.
>
> Only 5 more weeks to code freeze.

Most of the debian-x eam are on xfree86-devel, and so saw this message.

> BTW, when 4.3 moves from experimental to sid, would it be possible to sync
> up with the r200 DRI tree for the latest R200 core radeon drivers? It has
> working DGA, etc. when the ATI binaries don't.

No, I doubt it.

> Keep up the great work guys!

Thanks, but if you're after timely 4.4 work, you're best advised to do it
yourself, tob be honest; Branden is busy with4.3, andI'm busy with exams.

This keyboard sucks,
Daniel

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel@fooishbar.org>