Re: X Strike Force SVN commit: rev 580 - trunk/debian

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 05:33, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Even if Utah GLX isn't compliant with the OpenGL ABI and thus should
> stop providing the "libgl1" and "libgl-dev" virtual packages, I presume
> they'd still ship *files* with the same names.

If they stop providing those virtual packages, they have to move the
files or conflict with the virtual packages.

To summarize, the underlying problem is that the utah-glx packages
haven't adapted to the new (GLU-less) meaning of libgl1 and libgl-dev
yet. Whether they adapt to it or stop providing them, the conflicts on
the virtual packages will suffice, no need for explicit conflicts in
xlibmesa-gl{,-dev}.