Re: patch 017

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 08:10:59AM -0500, Warren Turkal wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > Uh, no, there isn't.
>
> Oh, I guess you are right...my bad...but it does build fine without 017. I
> thought that depend:: meant it was adding to the existing rule. I confused
> the other depend::<whatever> rules. I thought they would take the place of
> the empty depend::.

As I recall, it wasn't ever a matter of the build failing without 017.
It was a matter of the build failing in certain configurations.

Ah, yes, here we go.  It was numbered #041 in the trunk.  (This is why
we should not renumber patches gratuitously.)

  * patch #041: new; patch from ISHIKAWA Mutsumi to fix missing depend
    target in Xlib's Imakefile if "BuildServersOnly" is YES,
    "BuildXnestServer" is NO, and "BuildGLXLibrary" is NO.

Please pay closer attention before advocating the removal of a patch.

I'll update the patch header to explain the purpose of this patch in the
trunk and branches/4.3.0/sid.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The basic test of freedom is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    perhaps less in what we are free to