Re: MANIFEST sorting

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 12:26:52PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 09:15:34PM -0500, Warren Turkal wrote:
> > Is there a sorting order to the MANIFESTS, or can I just add whatever
> > whereever? I am going to make the changes for the other archs for the
> > pkg-config stuff.
>
> LANG=C sort

This isn't the best advice, as the LANG variable is easily overriden.
See locale(7).

Anyway, yes, there is a sorting (collation) order, and it is C/POSIX.

Please see locale(7) to determine the best way to achieve this that
meshes with your existing locale settings.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The last Christian died on the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       cross.