Re: xfree 4.3 FBDEV drivers problems

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 22:58, simon raven wrote:
> (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument
> Segmentation fault
> Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
>
> i'm getting these weird errors (that i didn't get with xfree 4.2.x
> (sid's). also, the xserver seems much slower than it was in 4.2.x.

Can you elaborate how it seems to be slower?

> i can't explain the (EE), since i'm using the same config asi did in
> 4.2;

This or a similar error (which is harmless BTW) doesn't appear with 4.2
running on the same kernel? I've been thinking this was a framebuffer
device bug. Now if somebody actually tried tracking it down instead of
reporting it one more time...

> i also cannot explain why it's not loading XKB stuff, it did before
> the "upgrade".

Xkb can be tricky to deal with (see a current thread on the powerpc
list), that's nothing to do with the fbdev driver though.