Re: any chances to incorporate savage driver from S3

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 20:28, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 10:54:11AM +0200, Ond?ej Surý wrote:
> > Since Tim Roberts stopped work on his savage driver (see below), is
> > there any chances that S3 driver will be incorporated into XFree86?
> > (either Debian or upstream ;-)  It supports DRI (-ac kernels has it),
> > but is for 4.2.0 only (ie. some work would be needed to use it on 4.3.x.
> >
> Gotta know what the license is.

2D and 3D directories have this:

/*
 * Copyright 1998-2003 VIA Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 * Copyright 2001-2003 S3 Graphics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 *
 * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
 * copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
"Software"),
 * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without
limitation
 * the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sub
license,
 * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
 * Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
 *
 * The above copyright notice and this permission notice (including the
 * next paragraph) shall be included in all copies or substantial
portions
 * of the Software.
 *
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR
 * IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY,
 * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT
SHALL
 * VIA, S3 GRAPHICS, AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM,
DAMAGES OR
 * OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
 * ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER
 * DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
 */

XvMC directory is copyrighted only by VIA:
/*
 * Copyright 2003 VIA Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 *
[...]
 * VIA AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR
 * OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
 * ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER
 * DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
 */

Sorry for line wrap, I am unable to convice evolution to not do it :(

--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>